Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Why I am at MATC

                 Why I am at MATC



I suppose I should start with a little background. About 8 years ago I had a really good position in a factory as a cell lead paying over $24/hour. I worked really hard at my job to get myself promoted to this position. Then after being there for over four years I had an accident at home. The diagnosis was I would need surgery to relieve the extreme pain I was in. So, there I was, either go through the surgery or live with the pain forever. I elected to have the surgery and after a long recovery I returned to work only to find out they did not have a position for me. As fate would have it, this was about the same time our economy took a nose dive. I accepted the first job I could find. I started to work for a security company. After about 2 years working there I came to realize I would never have the financial stability I had before. 




So with the love and support of my wife and family I finally made the decision to go back to school at MATC and study computer programming. I selected that degree because I have always been interested in computers and how to make them do what I want. I was hooked on them ever since I was young and my parents bought me my very own Apple IIc. I think the first game I played was the text adventure called Zork, after that came the Ultima series, which completely addicted me to video games forever. I have been an avid gamer ever since.




 After I receive my degree I am hoping to find a position within a secure company that will provide me the financial security to do all the other things I enjoy for recreation, like hunting and fishing. Someday I hope to be able to take a cruise with my wife to somewhere tropical and after that go and see Scotland.


Dave Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment